KOREAN BEEF & VEGETABLE BOWLS
Simple never sounded so delicious. Use rice, Flank Steak, stir-fry vegetable mix and Korean barbecue sauce for a quick and easy meal.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 cup Korean barbecue sauce marinade
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef Flank Steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise diagonally into 1/4-inch thick strips. Season steak with garlic salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon sesame oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli stir-fry mix; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return beef to skillet. Add rice and marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve in bowls.
Nutrition information per serving: 502 Calories; 99 Calories from fat; 11g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 4 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 66 mg Cholesterol; 1053 mg Sodium; 67 g Total Carbohydrate; 3 g Dietary Fiber; 30 g Protein; 4.6 mg Iron; 8.7 mg NE Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 4.8 mg Zinc; 34.1 mcg Selenium; 93 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Dietary Fiber, and Choline.